Invisalign is a set of aligner trays that are made from transparent plastic material. They are used for the treatment of malocclusion, which is caused due to improper bite or in simple words, to align the teeth. As they are made from plastic, they are nearly invisible when worn. Hence, they are known as ‘invisible braces.
What Are the Advantages of Choosing Invisalign?
- Invisalign aligners are quite flexible and can be removed while you eat food or brush your teeth.
- They are made from a dental-grade plastic material that is comfortable to wear on the teeth.
- They are easy to clean and maintain as their surface is smooth and doesn’t have any grooves or ridges.
- The treatment duration can be easily predicted as the dentist has a clear idea of how your teeth will move with every change in their position.
- You can go about your everyday routine without any hassle during the course of the treatment.
- The dentist will give you periodic cleaning instructions on how to maintain them.
- Invisalign is a safe alternative for orthodontic treatment as it does not cause any harm to the soft tissues of the mouth.
What Is the Procedure Involved?
The dentist will thoroughly check your oral condition and determine whether you are a suitable candidate for Invisalign treatment. If you meet all the criteria, we will take a 3D scan of your teeth and use it as a reference to fabricate the aligners. Each set of aligners will be fabricated in a few days’ time and brought to you at the next visit. We will hand them over to you and explain their usage to you in detail. You have to put on an aligner every day and take it off only while eating food or drinking beverages or brushing your teeth. The dentist will give you a new set of aligners every two weeks, and your teeth will gradually move from their original positions to their ideal ones over the course of 6-18 months. During this time, we may suggest you get a bite analysis done so that we can check for any changes during the treatment period.
How Do I Care for My Invisalign?
It is important that you follow certain care instructions so that your aligners stay on perfectly fine and don’t get damaged easily. Here’s what you should do:
- Wash them under running water using a soft-bristled toothbrush after every use
- Remove food particles off them using a soft sponge or cloth before putting them back on
- Keep them away from any kind of staining agents such as tea, coffee, juice, etc., as they may discolor them and make them look unpleasant.
To know more, call us at (317) 552-2101 and schedule an appointment to visit our dental practice in Indianapolis, IN.